My diary as I start a BSc degree with the Open University, alongside job hunting and dealing with my ongoing depression.

Monday 8 January 2018

All set for Interviews

Dear Diary,

I had a good day today, makes me very happy to write those words but it's true.

I had an appointment with Hays recruitment agency in regards to a job I applied to, apparently I fit the bill nicely for it and the company is eager to have me in for an interview, so I'm just waiting on them letting me know a date for that interview now.

They also said that my C.V was excellent and that I have plenty of skills for them to work with. All equals a happy me, the best bit was when the women I was speaking to told me the wages for the job I applied for, although it's only maternity cover it'll give me experience which is the one thing I'm lacking and the wages are good. It's also based quite locally to my home too, so even better.

Fingers crossed now I get this job.

After finishing that appointment I went shopping, might seem a bit frivolous when I'm unemployed currently but I had Christmas money to spend and the need to buy clothing suitable for interviews and office wear.

My last place of employment had us wearing uniform, so after fourteen years of wearing varies uniforms, all supplied, I have a distinct lack of smart, office style clothing.

I struggled with the shopping experience, I hate clothes shopping to start off with, I'm the wrong shape for everything. I have curves and I'm tall and nothing I try on tends to hang right, or fit, or look decent on me. And I'm not a fan of fashions, peg leg trousers seem to be the order of the day at the moment, and that's the quickest way to make my hips look even wider than they are.

Added to that I tend to need a 34" leg and while places might stock those online I have to try them on before I buy to ensure a good fit, so I go in-store, where very few places stock the longer lengths. I could have got short or regular in many places, but long, I was limited to Next. Thankfully they do make decent trousers, although they too had peg legs and slim fits abounding. Give me a nice, simple boot-cut, no pockets, simple zip any day of the week thanks.

I found one pair of black boot-cut trousers, opted for a size 12 over a size 14 because they fit better round my waist even as they were a bit snug round my knees (go figure). I honestly think I'm a size 13 on my lower half, as 12 is usually too tight and 14 too lose.

I also found two tops, both from Maine New England in Debenhams, both in the sale. I must have tried on abut thirty tops and fifteen pairs of trousers before finding the ones that actually fit and looked decent on me.

Couldn't find a picture of the second top I bought
That's why I hate shopping so much, all the trying on, the constant getting undressed and re-dressed is hard work and always leaves me with a headache.

Extra bonus today though, I found a pair of nice, smart, black ankle shoes as well. Unfortunately not in the sale, but they are 100% leather and wide fit. Happy days.

Now I'm home, happy in the knowledge I have a likely interview coming up and I have decent clothing to wear to it. They always say dress for the job you want, and I want a professional job.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig